View Single Post
      04-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #37
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Anyone with a "high mileage" 20808 50,000 miles or more please report here with your mileage and any issues you may or may not have had. Also your driving style and if you track or not

My car has had a hiccup with a sensor at 24,4xx miles and im paranoid and considering getting extended warranty. After all the talks about 08s rob bearings causing the engine to blow up I am curious to know how many of us 08s has made it past 50K miles or even perhaps 100K with little to no issues.

Year: 2008 March production
Miles: 24,4xx
No tracking, moderate to spirited driving style.
Issues: wheels speed sensor and wheel bearing @ 24,4xx miles.
I have about 60000 miles on my 08 and bought I brand new, this is what I repaired since I got it:

replaced all of the ignition coils, I had problems whit 6 of them in different periods and the last time they replaced the faulty one and the two remaining. (this problems came after about 30000 miles
replaced seat belt helpers twice
Replace the steringwheel plastic twice, (the plastic/rubber layer gets scratched very easy and I m going to get it replaced for the third time soon...
Replaced the Idrive joystick after the inner ring just broke one morning going to work, you could just lift the thing right up
And this week I had to replace the steering column after the CAS unit was malfunctioned .
Almost forgot, I needed to get a new rubber seal for the exhaust system just above one of the primary cat

and then of course the usual stuff new brake pads once a year etc.

I don't drive the car on track but I have driven it pretty hard all this years plus I use the car all year around and it gets pretty cold in Sweden in the winters whit allot of snow and stuff and that takes its toll on the car.
I think the ignition coils going to be a frequent problem here when many of the cars reach 50000 miles or more.

Last edited by paicapo; 04-26-2012 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0