04-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #27
youngnastyman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
50k seems awefully low for an 08. Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for people commuting in a daily driver and not their M3, I wouldn't have picked mine up ('08) last month with only 17.5k on the clock. (Currently just over 20k)

I don't get it. It's a car, drive it. Drive the hell out of it. And 50k isn't high for any modern car anyway. That's practically the first oil change on these things (kidding... sorta) I'm thinking 100k is more in the ballpark to get an accurate estimation of problematic things getting replaced.
Thank you so much! My family thinks the complete opposite and tells me I should keep it garaged and only drive on the weekends... F That!! I bought this baby to drive it not stow it away. Granted I do drive alot but thats about to change since i'm moving closer to my job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa60 View Post
January 2008 build (one of the launch vehicles). Original owner. Currently at 34k miles. Only two warranty repairs:

1) iDrive knob popped off
2) Fuel pump regulator failure

My warranty expires June 30th. My current plan is to take my chances without a warranty.
My car was built 12/07!!! But the warranty expired 04/12 and I just hit 50K so I think i'm right on schedule with this thing. Warranty duration expired right before I hit the mileage limit.

The only other repairs ive had aside from maintenance are trim items like the i-drive knob, material peeling on the steering wheel and passenger door handle.
Appreciate 0