View Single Post
      03-28-2011, 05:11 AM   #137
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post

To me this is the most interesting thing posted throughout this entire debate, and I don't mean just this thread. Thanks for posting it.
Yes this is nice and good work to the person putting it together. However, this is a very small sample size and doesn't necessarily fall under the idealized normal distribution. And honestly, if someone put the time in, they could build a software that addresses each single revolution per minute more and adjust the fuel supply, ignition, etc. to create a more consistent gain throughout the powerband. I'm not arguing for either side, I really don't care, but I don't think that a bell curve with n=4 is necessarily a good comparison. Whats to say that the results should actually be a normal curve? Maybe there is a limited extreme of variation with AA, ESS, GIAC falling in that extreme (where a majority of tunes would fall), the curve extends far along out to the right where you find OE - this would still mean they had a low probability of producing the consistent returns they did, but it could make it more likely than placing this in a normal distribution.
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0