04-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #21
Dr. Dre
the doctor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_cars View Post
I was not talking about leasing or even buying a brand new M3/M4. I said for brand new cars, as a lease comparison, it makes more sense to just get something like a 340.

If you want a brand new car, then your net worth should be enough that it doesn't matter if you buy it. The problem is you're arguing for people having brand new cars beyond their means, which leads people to leasing. And it has unfortunately helped to drive the overall cost of new cars up - manufacturers can do whatever they want with pricing because people are dumb enough to lease cars for ridiculous payments.

It's always more cost effective to just buy a used car outright and repair it over time, until your net worth and actual wealth can afford you the ability to buy a brand new nice car without caring about depreciation.

Delayed gratification could go a long ways.

You know literally nothing about how to properly own/buy a vehicle other than to throw people (your average Kia customer) hurdling into financial oblivion and permanent middle-class fuckery with perpetual lease payments.

Government regulations has had more to do with driving manufacturing cost than people leasing.

How did you determine that people are living beyond their means? Who are you to make that determination?

Did you really say that it's more cost effective to buy a used car repair it over time.

So you're saying that people should continue to put money into something that continues to depreciate while the cost to repair and maintain it continues to increase.

Tell that to the guys who bought used E9x M3s that no longer has the factory warranty and the rod bearings failed which destroyed the engine. I'm sure it made more financial sense to buy as used engine and pay $10-$15k for a car that might be worth $20-$30k. That makes more sense than leasing a brand new car.

You want to bash Kia/ Hyundai. Really, because it make more sense to go buy a used M3 than an brand new Optima.

Go talk to financial planner and ask which makes more sense.
Appreciate 0