View Single Post
      03-31-2018, 09:01 AM   #6
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

I recently drove an AWD Stinger. I had been invited to drive the car by the manager at the Kia dealership. I found it to be a pleasant car to drive. The interior was on the sporty side of comfortable. The car was very fast and handled well.

And then I left and continued searching for an E92 M3.

Why? Well, while the car was fast, it was a “one-note” kind of fast. Floor it, transmission kicks down, car speeds up, done. The paddle shifted auto was competent but performance driving quickly revealed it wasn’t designed to kick ass on a road course like the DCT.

Overall, the car lacks character. There was nothing there that made me want to get in and drive for no reason at all. This is a luxury/performance commuter car. Plus, it looks like an Optima with a body kit, even though it’s allegedly a “clean sheet” design.

The salesman who rode with me (it’s one of those dealerships that give you the “insurance rules require that I drive it off the lot” bs) was furious that I didn’t buy the car. He had snaked the test drive away from another salesman and I think he had bragged to the others he was going to show them how to close a deal. When I started listing my dislikes on the car he said I was trying to pick the car apart. No kidding, it’s my money. I said I didn’t see anything there worth the money, and he responded with “hey it’s up for car of the year!”

Appreciate 0