View Single Post
      11-07-2018, 01:16 AM   #27
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

very good arguement for 275/30/19. i am having a very hard time deciding between 275/30/19 square, and 255/35F 275/35R staggered. I suppose i wouldnt care so much if i hadnt just blown a bunch of $$$$ on Karbonius and a Varis wing. now i have to get the tires correct on the first shot, or i will be stuck for while with a setup im not happy with. first world problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
oh, AND

I used to think this car needed staggered tires because, well, why give up all that real estate in back just to rotate tires?

Now I'm not so sure. Maybe if you have aero and you are able to set the car up around a big fat rear tire and really use it to fullest advantage, or have an extra 150hp

But now that I've lived with several different square and staggered setups I'm pretty well convinced that 275's square on a 9.5 if you want rim protection and a 10 if you don't is the hot streetable but better than stock ticket...so basically I've caught up to what everyone already knew 100 years ago...lol

It pains me to say it because the setups like Dave has are soooooo awesome to look at, but you can't see the rear tires when you're driving and these cars just don't make much torque and need a lot more help up front than in the rear on modern tires like the PS4S that just do EVERYTHING so well
Appreciate 0