View Single Post
      03-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #7
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower7 View Post
What are your guys opinion's on using 5mm spacers in front due to a 275 square set up and KW clubsports.

I've heard that is it not wise to use a spacer that is not hub centric. Any input on this?

Would it also benefit to use 5mm spacers in back to even the stance?

Thanks,
5 mm spacers typically allow your wheel to remain hub-centric because enough of the hub remains protruding to make contact with the wheel hub. However, there are some wheels that have a more extreme taper at the hub and need more hub protrusion to make contact. An example is the BBS E88. A 5mm spacer is not hub-centric with the E88 for this reason. Therefore I would only use a 3mm spacer or 10mm+ spacer that has its own hub centric protrusion with the E88. You can test with your wheels. Install the spacer and confirm that there is wheel hub contact.

Putting spacers on the rear of the car is up to you. Go for it if you want to. The other thing I recommend is that you get wheel studs so that you have the flexibility to use different size spacers without having to keep track of a bunch of different extended lug bolts.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 2
SYT_Shadow11468.50
MPower790.00