View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 02:40 PM   #1524
davedNconfused
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT Slicktop

When I last looked into a CarPlay solution, only the Anvin units were available but I wasn't convinced enough to go for it. Over the summer, I learned about bimmertech's MMI Prime and sort of figured I'd go that route when I was ready. I also thought the community would be using these as well so I was surprised to learn about Kremersino and Carsara and their price points and popularity here.

I've read the last 10 pages or so of this thread to try to arrive at my own conclusion as to which route to go but it seems there's little reason to go with bimmertech over say, Carsara but I'll still ask the question. Is there any argument to go with the more expensive bimmertech option over Carsara?

From what I've read (and I admit I need to do more reading to understand) the answer seems to be "no." It's hard to know for sure as there are a lot of edge cases to work through but fundamentally, these units appear to be comparable in every way except price. I'm open to paying for a superior solution (after all, this is why we're all driving M3s right?) but if there are no discernible differences, I don't see why any of us would do that.
Appreciate 0