View Single Post
      03-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #36
kthxbye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Coupe

In response to pure volume I still would not say the ACM is 50% louder just moving around town, but yes it is louder than stock - but from what I've heard in person still a quite option in comparison to other exhaust.

In regards to drone/resonance, the ACM drones exactly the same as the stock exhaust, it is just at a slightly higher volume.

With both those points made, the M-Performance Exhaust will do exactly the same thing. From my experience riding in a car with one the drone is just slightly more noticeable due to the different pitch caused by the different type of metal.

When I first read this exhaust drones I thought I had decided right there that I do not want this. I came from a car that droned horribly and wanted to avoid that at all cost. What did me in was when a customer at ACM allowed me to go for a ride in his car while I was getting some other work done. I'm glad he did, because it saved me $3-4,000 on a different exhaust system. Not to say I won't still go the route down the road, but for now I saved a ton and got the incremental increase I needed to enjoy the car a bit more.

This exhaust, like all options, is not for everyone. If you are considering an exhaust, I do urge you to try and get some seat time in a car with the mod before drawing a conclusion, even more so if the alternative is the M-Performance. It may be just what your looking for at a fraction of the cost.
Appreciate 0