View Single Post
      07-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #108
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Just wanted to say congrats on the purchase and your honest review. Others seem to think you are trying to put down Porsche, but to me it is clear that you are simply disappointed compared to the expectations that you (justifiably, I admit) held.

A few months on, what would be your recommendation to someone else considering the same jump? The GT3 is at the top of my list when the warranty on my M3 expires, but your thread gives me some reservations.
The GT3 is a genuinely excellent car for it's intended use. On the track the GT3 RS is very very good. On the other hand I would not use it on the road too much. Don't get me wrong, you can use it on regular roads, especially if the surface is good, but the GT3 is not an all arounder and it is very showy. If you think about a track car and you have a trailer and you want to have a Porsche get the Cup or Cup S, if you don't need a P-car and not afraid to work on your car regularly get a Radical SR3 or SR8. That's my direction right now. I will cancel my F-car order and will go with the Radical. There are used SR8's around for less than $80K. They need quite a bit of maintenance I have to admit but will give you a single seater race car feel like no lesser Porsche than the RSR can. Or you can get a used Formula 3 car??!!
Appreciate 0