04-03-2011, 01:47 AM   #89
ManAndMachine
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80M3 BG KO, '17 Taco Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila View Post
update on the RS: After 500miles it feels way better than new. (or just got used to it and like it) That damn car needs to be driven hard. No relaxed cruising. I mean every trip should be full on, like on the track, then it shines.
I tried to do my cunning -my wife calls it stupid- drift turn at an intersection on my way home. With all electronic nanies off - did it just for the "test" - in 2nd gear tight right turn I did hang the tail out, just not exactly in a way I planned. I knew this turn very well, the M3 can nicely hang out its tail, did it several times for fun especially during the winter when there was snow on the ground. Well the RS did put out its tail too, just much faster than the M3. Faster I mean earlier in the turn, and also more abruptly. More like the trail braking rather than the throttle got the tail loose. The M3 usually gets loose there when I accelerate out from the turn. The RS actually got more planted rather than loose when I put my foot down. In a way "corrected itself" upon throttle application. Which was fortunate since there were some other cars around.
HAHA welcome to the world of the 911..Not as forgiving as a 50/50 balanced car eh? it's ok tho,it needs to be driven in a different manner,testing its limits on the streets are no easy feat.Congrats,you have one heck of a car,ENJOY!!
Appreciate 0