View Single Post
      12-03-2011, 04:40 AM   #82
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

The valves used by manufacturers also fail and Fail a bit too hence why you can buy repair kits. Plenty are sold.
If you look at the images the valves on our system can be removed with the exhaust on the car in less than 10 mins both sides.
We have purposefully designed the system so that servicing is very very easy.
We also keep valves in stock so if there is a failure you get a set next day.
If the valves fail once a year they won't be used....
These valves are used by manufacturers 'inside' the silencers and they have been holding up for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Thanks for the information. I don't think my point was entirely clear. Anyway engine speed will determine exhaust temps much more than vehicle speed. Many folks who have used aftermarket cutouts have tracked their cars and got their exhausts plenty hot. It is my understanding that they do not fail from one or two forays into a peak temperature scenario. It appears to be some relatively small number of thermal cycles, perhaps hundreds, that do in these electric motors. Maybe they are demagnetizing, I'm not sure the exact failure mechanism. It would be very encouraging if you guys did know what the failure mechanism actually is for electric motors.

These "known to fail" aftermarket cutout valves, also have a lifetime warranty! That in itself provides basically no confidence in this essentially the same type of valve.

Again, I suspect there is a very good reason others, including another aftermarket BMW product and Ferrari use pneumatics.

In no way am I trying to disparage your valve selection or your product. This is clearly a very weak spot for other products. A lifetime warranty on something that has to be replaced, say once a year, would be a really big hassle.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0