View Single Post
      11-10-2019, 01:33 AM   #24
chocstraw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post

At this point I would not buy another E9X for track use as it's too expensive to make it the same speed as an F80, however, for the street I still prefer an E9X by a wide margin.
SYT has a unique take: Many on these forums say that the S55 is better for street use because "torque".

"The S65 has no torque low in the RPMs!"

and I say, "Why would you ever be low in the RPMs?" ��

But stock for stock, yeah the S55 is probably better for the application. I don't think the S65 is all that great without the primaries removed. Spend the $2000 to get into FBO territory and that difference is largely removed. Similar 0-60, similar gearbox, similar quarter mile, etc.

For the tech argument, I think that CIC iDrive has aged pretty well. Don't get the fuss over 'single-humps'. I keep a button assigned to turn my screen off, but having maps as a reference for blind corners and navigation is nice. I think the E92 is a more difficult car to parallel park, but mine came with a backup cam retrofitted. You're losing out on the video game style 360 cams, and maybe the power gauges?

I understand how this could be too involved for most people, but I think the platform is worth it. A 'tighter' feeling car doesn't always translate to faster times. Most of us aren't pros anyways.

OP! get in on the discussion!
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11490.00