View Single Post
      08-03-2021, 11:01 AM   #1
hotbmwfan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92

did my detailer just ruin my paint?

So after owning my car for 10 years I decided to take it to a detailer to get it paint corrected and ceramic coated. This car has been babied and the paint was still factory fresh and free of any chips, dings or scratches. I have always kept the car indoors with a cover on and washed it after every use. It has less than 30,000 miles on it but started to get some swirl marks that I couldn't get out. After checking local detailers, I decided on one with a perfect google rating (200+ reviews) who does high end cars. Last week he texted me to say the car was complete but that they had a minor issue with the paint correction and that they cut through the clear coat on the crease above the wheel on the front fender. Thinking that if it was just the clear coat, it shouldn't be too noticeable, I went to the shop to have a look. They actually cut all the way through the paint into the plastic fender. There is a black line about 1 inch by 1/8 inch in the paint. The only way to fix it is to repaint the entire fender in my opinion. I'm not paying the detailer until this is fixed to my satisfaction. The cost to repaint the fender is probably more than I owe the detailer. Getting a perfect paint match (color and texture) will be difficult so this is likely the start of what will be a lose/lose solution. So pi$$ed right now. Is BMW paint "soft" - has this happened to anyone else?
2010 M3 "Edition" model - Monte Carlo Blue/black, (1 of 13) MODS;255/35/19 and 285/30/19 Michelin PSS, Volk G25 wheels, MC V2 GTS lip, Eventuri plenum/intake/airbox lid, M Performance exhaust/spoiler/steering wheel
Appreciate 0