Rep
Drives: E53 X5, E83 X3, E93 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E93  [10.00]
Suspect TYPO in TIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam M View Post
So that thread suggests,

just like everyone whoever talks about this retrofit, that the beige fakra is indeed the bluetooth antenna, yet the pinout you provided above says it's the GPS.

Still confused but I'm now reading the pdf. Just read the PDF, also refers to the white fakra as bluetooth antenna although in his case it was plugged into the MULF not the TCU.
When I did my COMBOX retrofit, my MULF2 did NOT have the white FAKRA for the BT function--I only had the black USB FAKRA connection. Yet, I had the CCC BT function of just taking calls. I don't understand this.

My vehicle order has the S6FL and NOT the S6NF. Perhaps vehicle order with the S6NF will have this BT antenna harness present...but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZed View Post
The White (Cream) Fakra IS the Bluetooth, this is a standard recognised colour for this application. TCU's look like they come in differing styles over the years, so the actual position is down to the sticker on the actual box, so that pin-out above is probably correct for that particular box, but not all of them..

Hope that claryfies it for you
Either the TIS is wrong (which is possible) or there is ANOTHER typo as it clearly states the TCU connector used in this retrofit is for the GPS antenna as per the wiring diagrams and pinouts. Regardless, it's still an antenna--so it will indeed work, but something is not clear here. In my case, neither of these X14081 were populated with a FAKRA on the TCU nor MULF2 which would be the wrong position for the BT antenna.

So then it HAS to be a typo or something...

OP, I had the same concern as you did, but in the end, it still worked. (that PDF isn't exactly a walkthru for our cars; e63 for a 6 series)
Attached Images

R135
└┼┼┼
Appreciate 0