12-29-2009, 01:06 AM   #77
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Thanks for the info. One other question that I doubt you'll be able to answer definitively, but do you know if the "retuned" EDC sport setting can be retroactively programmed into M3s without ZCP?
You're welcome for the info brother but sorry, your last question I can't answer. FWIW, I'll ask for you when I get the chance. Everyone at M is still on holidays.

And for dark335i, no I'm not a BMW employee, just able to strike up a really great relationship with M Division - for a year now - while designing my new M3 with lots of Individual input. Since day one I've dealt directly with them (and was fortunate to actually meet face to face for a preliminary overview of what I wanted and what they were capable of producing) and it's been extremely informative. And very efficient because I get the answers and the advice that I need without the dealership getting involved. BMW Canada sometimes monitors our correspondence ("firmed up" specs from Germany are copied to them) because they'll have to prepare CDN pricing for the final product. So as good as my dealer is about "individual" stuff and product info, dealing with BMW directly has been the only way to go, particularly for new stuff like the Comp Pkg (a done deal) and whether or not I can raid the GTS parts bin for......well.....fingers are crossed, we'll see what they say!!

Regards, Mark
Appreciate 0