Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Texas rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I always had a prejudice against TX...just didn't like it for some reason.

TX was nothing like I expected. The state overall is really diverse. It seems like the worst thing you have to deal with on a daily basis is an illegal mexican who works his/her a$$ off to make a living. I'd take that any day vrs what you have to deal with where I grew up.

I hated Philly...I couldn't go into certain neighborhoods because I am Korean. Don't really that that problem in TX.
Yeah, pretty much everyone who has not lived here has a prejudicial view on TX. That's fine, as it's growing despite that!

I have 4 hard working Latinos refurbishing our irrigation system on our land this week. Glad to have them: they work!

Surprised about your comment on Philly (like the city). But yes, TX is welcoming and was built on immigrants w/ "can do" attitude. As The Economist said in a survey, if you want to see a vision of the US in several decades (mix etc) then TX is a model.

Reit: not from here and never lived here before this decade: like it, and not what most people outside think about the State Really friendly. I lived in Manitoba where the 'plates say "Friendly Manitoba' TX was way more welcoming in my personal experience than MB.

Last, 'W' did us a disfavor as I have had to disabuse my ex-U.S. relatives of their prejudice re TX based on his tenure in office.

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0