JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpouldar26 View Post
Josh, I get wanting to be the first to have and mod it, but performance wise, you should look at the reality here.... the f1x m5 and m6 have been out for years now and still no one has been able to break the encryption on the ecu's. They're still relying on piggybacks years later which aren't even advanced enough to control timing and fueling. IF this is any indicator of the M4, then I think coming from what you've came from, you'll be in for a big disappointment. I think planning for upgraded turbos on that car is a bit immature as of now, the hardware is the easy part, and it's only an assumption that tuners will be able to tune it. And sure, you could slap on some dp's, a piggyback, etc and probably make 500hp, but I doubt it will be anywhere near what you've had in the past if they were even able to tune it. To add, it will probably take a 6 months to a year for the aftermarket to really catch up and crank out multiple options for coilovers, exhausts, etc. If I were you and wanted to switch it up for a similar price point, switch to another platform, like a 997.1 or 997.2 turbo for example. I'd skip on the M4, try it out maybe in a 6 months to a year when more parts come out for it and the aftermarket is sorted out. Hang onto the e92 if you want to stay BMW, or as Malek suggested, jump into another branded platform.
P car has crossed my mind, Ive already sported out the F80 performance mods and suspension.. not too worried about tuning.