02-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #4
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///msheph11 View Post
Ah, problems inherited from previous owner! Would a wet sand and buff require respraying the roof with clear coat?
It depends on how much wetsanding they have to do. I would take it to a good body shop, preferably one that has experience with CF and high-end cars and ask for their opinion. I certainly would not try to fix this myself.

They might be able to reduce these blemishes a bit by "dotting" the area with some clear coat and then wetsanding to blend; it would be less noticeable but not perfect. This is a common way to reduce visible fisheyes and other blemishes. Worst case is you're out maybe $300-$400 and it looks marginally better. Best case is you're out the $300-$400 and they're almost impossible to see unless you know where to look.

Ultimately, if you want it to look perfect, they will probably need to respray the entire roof. I would consider that a pretty big risk because it's a large flat surface and you will notice any imperfections. OEM painting is always nearly flawless due to the crazy hyper-sterile environments they have.