View Single Post
      05-05-2019, 01:59 AM   #126
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Another line that is great for folks that blow stop signs goes like this. They will always say they slowed down. The line goes how about I pull out my baton and start hitting you, do you want me to slow down or stop.
My wife is one of the worst clients I've ever had. She got a red light camera ticket, so I went to court with her and reviewed the video with the cop who was there to lay foundation. It clearly showed her in her C300, driving up in the right turn lane past two lanes of cars stopped for the light, then blowing the light as she turned right.

The officer offered a plea to coasting, which is a lower fine and a non-moving violation that won't affect your insurance. When I said that was reasonable, she interjected, "But I was turning!"

I excused us to the hallway, where I explained that you have to come to a full stop before turning right on a red light. It took some convincing ("who's the criminal defense attorney here?") but she finally (and reluctantly) agreed.

Two weeks later, when I told the story at her sister's house, her brother in law started laughing. It turned out that her sister had done... and said... exactly the same thing a month earlier.

"What do you expect?" said my wife. "The same dad taught us both to drive."
Appreciate 3