View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 06:36 PM   #31
neilum
Captain
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
The E9X ///M3's are great cars, but honestly not sure why you want one, because all you'll do is mod it.....

1. Oil change (even DIY) is pricy (not a mod, but keep this in mind)
2. The stock muffler is too quiet (will require a sports exhaust)
3. The stock brakes have zero cosmetics (will require painted calipers)
4. The stock wheels don't sit flush (will require spacers)
5. The stock NA Engine doesn't have enough ponies (will require a tune/supercharger)
6. The stock ride height is too high (will require new adjustable shocks/springs)
7. The stock speakers suck (will require BSW speaker upgrade and subs)
8. The stock 18" wheels suck (will require 19")
9. The stock didn't come with C.F. (will require lots of C.F. inside and outside)

.....so get the E9X ///M3, but plan to have another $10K in the bank for upgrades...on a, at best, a 7 year old car....just saying!

EDIT: This is above and beyond the normal wear and tear items you'll need to do during your first 1500 mile break in on the new engine....as the last thing you want to hear are those bearing clicking at month 25....
6-8 can be solved with a comp pack with an upgraded stereo, 5 is also iffy and very much an opinion. I think the car is fast enough because it doesn't have to be fast. It has character and sounds good.

The F80 better be fast and blingy because that's all its got.

Otherwise I'll give it to you, it could use help in some areas and is not cheap at all if you're making a complete package. However, I'll take an E90 with all of those issues addressed over a fully sorted F80 because at the end of the day you can't fix what's broken on the F80.

Can't find character and feel in a parts bin.
Appreciate 1
Space Fox1042.00