04-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #113
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M

04/21/2010 UPDATE:

I'm all done:

I’m finally done installing my ESS VT1 Supercharger. I know some of you may be wondering why it took me so long ... Well my original order got lost with FedEx. It wasn’t ESS fault but they were nice enough to send me a new kit right away. Due to the limited time I had they rushed it out to me and forgot one fuel injector. It wasn’t a problem but I did have to delay the install for a week due to my busy work schedule.

Final installation review:

I took the day off to finish up the install and like the rest of the kit it went smooth. So smooth that I thought I forgot a few steps. Once I installed the last fuel injector there was only the mounting of the manifold left. I ran all the hoses and reinstalled the DME prior to today so there was no problem there. I just pushed the manifold down, ran all the hoses to the manifold, tightened all the claps and I was done The design of this kit is unreal!! Everything fit like a glove and it made me feel like I went to tech school

After I tightened everything down I double checked everything. It was only a matter of minutes ... I reinstalled all the stock parts, put the negative back on the battery and started her up. The first start up took a little while due to the empty fuel line but she did start. I let the car sit for a while and checked for any leaks. No leaks were found and nothing was rubbing

First driving impressions:

I got the car all washed up and headed home. Unfortunately I got stuck in traffic all the way home but I was happy to see that the car was not getting hot even without a cooler. The car idled like stock and everything sounded normal except for a little whine up front. I did notice a smoother rev and the car felt like it wanted me to push it more

Soon as I got home I told the wife that I would take her to dinner. I chose a place that was out of town so I could break her in a little faster. I’ll up date this thread after a put on a few more miles ...

Follow up customer service:

The only time I get this kind of service is when my family and I stay at the Trump Hotel. Roman and AJ at ESS went above and beyond my expectations. These guys were always there to answer my questions, replied to all my PMs/e-mails right away and always returned my call when I left a message. I highly recommend ESS for any of your supercharging or tuning needs. These will deliver no matter what it takes

Thank you so much Roman and AJ for making me the first SCd E90 M3 in Hawaii!! I hope to see more of your kits here on the islands!!
Attached Images

LTMW FTL . Karbonwerks LCI Trunk . Vorsteiner Poly Front Lip . NA Motorsports LUX H8 . RECARO Pole Position Seats . BMW Performance Pedals . BMW Performance Performance Grills . BMW Painted Fender Grills . BBS 19x9.5 19x11 LMs . Michelin PS2 265/295 . H&R Sport Springs . Wheel Mate 45/55MM Stud Kit . BBS Red Lug Nuts . ESS VT1 Supercharger . Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust
Appreciate 0