Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
from

MACO/Training & Systems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfootballer15
thanks David. I realized after I went to the dealer my invoice price was a little off.

KBB and Edmunds have disclaimers (the very fine print) about how they don't figure in these fees. It is frustrating for you as a consumer and me as a sales professional to overcome that one because... who believes the salesperson? On these websites in the fine print the disclaimer reads something along the lines of not having the ability to keep track of every brand's advertising (called MACO in BMW's case)/ training fees associated with the invoice.

Before BMW changed to the current pricing for my region (200 training/ 200 MACO) KBB and Edmunds were usually off by $400. So the dealer having to overcome the "stealer" perception already, has to inform the customer that the homework they did about pricing is incorrect. The majority understand there may be errors with information that doesn't come directly from the source. Quite a few, with good reason, question the fees. The main objection I used to get was 1) "That's a dealer add on, explain or I'm not paying it", or the more direct 2) "I'm not paying it." Then that famous scene from Larry David's, Curb Your Enthusiasm, when Larry thought he caught someone in a lie (the stare down) would play out in my office, but the length of time wasn't edited for TV.

Some dealerships don't disclose this information either because they don't negotiate down to this figure. Enough of you know about my service and why I always disclose the fees. They are part of the invoice from BMW and are not dealership add ons.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have. I hope this cleared up any lingering doubt you may have experienced at the dealership. Remember that the fees do not apply to European Delivery orders. Cheers.

Last edited by BMWDavid; 02-18-2010 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0