View Single Post
      02-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #17
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Just an update for everyone. I have been having some problems with the programming of the DC650.6 amp. I'm starting to think its something I'm doing wrong but that's not really the point of this post. I sent an email to Zapco last night and by early this morning, I got a response from Zapco, a call from my local dealer that I bought it from (I didn't even call them but Zapco told them to follow up with me), and an email from the local Zapco rep offering support. I will be trying to work it out per Zapco's recommendations and if that doesn't work, I'll be going to the dealer and they will try to help me. The local rep might also be at the dealer to help.

With the recent discussion of buying online vs buying from your local dealer, this is definitely a plus for buying local. I don't think I would get this kind of support had I bought it from an unauthorized online dealer or ebay. Although it was slightly more expensive, the support that you get when problems do come up is worth it. Some people might think, well I'm experienced and I know what I'm doing so I don't need help. Well, I'm not exactly a n00b when it comes to car audio either. I've been installing my own systems and friends systems for over 10 years now, have background in electrical engineering, sold home and car audio products for 5 years, and I'm also a former MECP certified installer. No one has all the answers. There will come a time where you need help. While some people might say its easy enough to get tech support through internet forums and other online sources, nothing beats a good old fashioned face-to-face talk with your local dealer. So support your local dealers whenever you can.