Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I try running a bmwcca event every couple years because i feel bad that i don't give them any of my business, but each time it's a mess.

Mandatory instruction for all groups? Why? Why endanger instructors like that? How much can someone in a e30 that takes the corner at 23mph teach to someone with pirelli slicks, downforce and 3x the hp about the same corner?

The mandatory classroom is also really annoying. The last time i ran with them they'd give you a password you had to speak at pit out to be allowed out. What the fuck!

We have to remove instructors from cars altogether and have lead/follow kind of sessions when any instruction is needed.
Previously, I never knew anyone from CCA. But over the last few months, I have run into the Rocky Mountain CCA chief driving instructor at High Plains several times. After chatting with him about CCA events, I decided to give it a go. For me, it was mainly social and to see a new track. (As I mentioned before, I could have actually run Pueblo the day before the CCA event and skipped all the CCA formalities, but I specifically wanted to see what it was about.)

I'm not sorry I attended. But my future attendance depends on what I'm allowed to run in. If I'm required to keep driving with an instructor every time I go on track, then I will spend my time and money elsewhere.

As I said to Richbot, I believe in data/video coaching. You can really dig into a driver's performance if the device is tied into the CAN bus. You can see without any doubts how and where the gas and brake are being pressed, where the driver is gaining and losing time from lap to lap, and many other things. Stuff like that is very valuable, and it's hard to assess those things while you're driving.
@dogbone

If you're looking for maximum track time, minimal traffic, and pit crew support of a professional race team check out 3R Racing's event.

They bring their driver Aaron Povoledo and full engineering crew out for live suspension adjustments, data analysis, video review of specific turns, etc. Aaron spent the first hour driving to each corner, getting out and walking to discuss his approach, observations, etc. Hint they were all super aggressive and he's a big advocate of running berms, grass, hanging wheels off, etc. I can share my notes and audio recordings if helpful.

I attended their event in August at HPR. Was only 8 cars with 5.5 hours of open track time in 1 - 1.5hr sessions. Very pricey at $600 for the day. But given your experience and car setup knowledge I'm sure you could gain valuable insights from the engineering support and Aaron reviewing your data.