View Single Post
      10-09-2019, 04:15 AM   #84
Paul@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 850tgul View Post
Just wanted to follow up/add some more color to my initial reaction now that I have had the plenum on for a little bit. Having put a few hundred miles on it, I have learned how to best modulate the throttle to get the most sound out of it. My ears can now better differentiate the subtle and not so subtle induction noise from my exhaust noise.

Besides WOT, even short jabs at the throttle in the right gear (I’m 6MT) produces the amazing sound resonance. Holding the revs around 3 or 4K in 3rd and then quickly prodding the pedal up to 5 or 6k produces a glorious noise. Rev matched downshifts are pure bliss and combined with my slightly aggressive catback the car sounds amazing now.

If I still had my resonator and secondary cat delete or a fully catless exhaust I’m not sure the plenum would be worth it as the noise coming from the rear of the car would overpower the intake everywhere besides WOT. I actually think the intake may be best enjoyed with a stock exhaust.

All in all I am in love with car now more than ever thanks to the plenum.
Thanks for the update. Intakes do not generally generate sound on light loads. The E46 M3 CSL airboxes behave in the same way.
Appreciate 0