View Single Post
      01-25-2022, 04:31 PM   #2
br2wdc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 LMB

Welcome and congrats on the purchase! The car appears well cared for, specifically the paint looks tremendous with over 100k miles on the clock

One question I had with your service items is the RB service performed @103k. It's a service I will need to do in the future, and every quote I have received always included replacing the motor mounts, because the OEM's always fail and it's easy to replace them with RB service. Any idea why they didn't replace the MM with RB service?

I am also interested to see if you end up updating to the Bilstein B16's that are EDC compatible. I am looking to make OEM+ type upgrades to my car, and I have heard good reviews on the B16's.

Congrats again and good luck with mods/upgrades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rino924 View Post
Hello everyone-

Couple details on the car. Bought from a member here in the classifieds who was great to work with.

08/2009 build (2009)
Melbourne red over bamboo
Slicktop
DCT
EDC
Miles at possession are at 116k

Couple things that are done to the car:
- monoball thrust bushings
- Active Autowerke cat delete pipes
- Dinan springs with supplemental ride quality kit
- Rod bearings done by Eurotech Motors @ 103k
- Unknown if TA's have been done
- Valve cover gaskets replaced @ 105k

Goals at the moment are to make sure that I make sure maintenance is taken care of due to the miles on the unit.

Ordered a new air filter, oil change kit (plan to send to Blackstone as well as I have a sample kit to send them), motor mounts as well.

Will probably end up going with Bilstein B16 that is EDC compatible.

Anyway, thanks for welcoming me to the community, I've actually been a forum member for some time. I am sure I will have plenty of questions/ask for recommendations as I go, especially maintenance related. I'll also start to get more pics up on my IG account as well @jrrineha

2011 E90 M3 | Le Mans Blue | DCT | Slicktop
“The end is inevitable Maverick, your kind is headed for extinction” … “maybe so sir, but not today” – Tom Cruise in Top Gun: Maverick
Previous: 2006 E90 330i | 6MT -- 2001 E39 540i | 6MT -- 1997 E36 M3 | Techno Violet | 5MT
Appreciate 0