View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 04:53 PM   #32
Tony B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, MW, ZCP, 6MT

An update

I took the plunge and booked my car in at Redish who were fully booked 6 months ahead. As this gave me some time, I also kept on BMW's case regarding the general corrosion problems underneath - components, subframe etc, as well as the obvious body under-panel corrosion which could be seen just by removing the rear wheels.

I am glad to say that - with a little persuasion and really good support from my local dealer - BMW GB did cover a substantial investment to replace the corroded axle carrier (subframe) and most of the rear suspension components.

Examining the RACP with the carrier removed meant that my car clearly showed the same corrosion spots as in the Redish video at the beginning of this thread, and as BMW would not cover this (no "inside to out" corrosion) I decided to go all the way with Redish.

2 weeks after the component replacement work (at the back) my car was due for its annual safety inspection, and at my request my local dealer had a good look at the front suspension to track down a knocking noise that was apparent on corrugated surfaces. Once diagnosed, this resulted in both tie-rods and a lower suspension arm being replaced under warranty.

At this point BMW had funded around £7k of parts and labour.

In feel, the car was transformed - so much more precise. And once again rattle free.

Then....to Redish.

There should be a full video from them soon. I have many update videos which they sent to me during the process (over 3 weeks) and suffice to say they did a fantastic job and I am really pleased that I did take the plunge and fund this myself. Their attention to detail and commitment to quality are outstanding.

The underside is now a joy to behold!

And they also fitted my M-Performance steering wheel (with shift lights, V1) which I had re-trimmed at DesignLS - also an excellent job which I will show in another post, when I have time (which is now...in lockdown....).