View Single Post
      08-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #70
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

If you're looking for sweet mellow ear candy (ie no additional rasp, it's raspy with the factory xpipe, just very muffled) with the MPE, this is the wrong tree to bark up

At WOT, it's a holy-crap cartoon amplified version of MPE. It sounds like there are 12 of me, racing 12 sportbikes, under overpasses, it's great. At partial throttle, also just the same as MPE but just slightly more. However there's an in-between zone, fast throttle blips, wide openings at 2500-4k, that is definitely raspier than with the stock pipe.

The problem is some of the stuff the stock xpipe still keeps at a civilized level (but is still present, MPE has some edge to it with the stock xpipe) is amplified quite a bit. Fast throttle blips and large throttle openings at 3-4k and up, especially when cold, are particularly "edgy". It's not like a "trumpet" because the Corsa, I surmise from videos, has a lot more bass/baritone than the MPE. This makes sense, the MPE becomes effectively a straight pipe at WOT, the Corsa uses chambered mufflers. You're getting whatever is coming out of the xpipe, attenuated by 4' of tubing and a couple perforations at WOT on the MPE (same deal as the OEM welded muffler mods).

I'll try to get video with my suction mount. It's hard to describe. I know I would miss it under every overpass if it was gone. Not sure I would miss it on cold starts...lol

Last edited by Richbot; 08-01-2018 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0