View Single Post
      06-08-2010, 03:43 AM   #992
MspiredM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Turbo e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post

Think of every talking point you've ever come up with to explain dyno differences that were put into question -- then apply them to real world results. Then you'll realize how irrelevant it is to compare these so-called "real world results." Comparing properly calibrated and properly used dyno results from one car to another in one part of the world to another with different weather conditions is completely valid. They're meant to be a measurement tool. Comparing 6MT to DCT with street tires vs. race tires, in 100 degree heat vs. 35 degrees at 2700 ft altitude vs. sea level with two different drivers is the true definition of complete irrelevance.
PG, you usually think very rationally, why are you not in this case? When two cars are at the same exact place, on the same exact roads, same exact weather, the conditions that hinder the car effect BOTH cars. Read that again, BOTH CARS. So your excuse does not apply here...

Quote:
Edit: If dyno results were so irrelevant, then Drew wouldn't be posting them every five minutes on 6 different car forums.
He did that to show and prove how biased your little efficiency thread was; and he did a very good job at it too!

Quote:
I'm glad I finally got another convert to my way of thinking. I'm look forward to you asking for the same thing from all of your friends in your very next post.
Your right, I mean Drew's numbers weren't at an independent dyno right? Niterider didn't post independent dyno's either. Ricky didn't get independent dyno's, ect ect ect... What are you trying to say here?

Quote:
I will give you $1000 towards your next engine rebuild if you will take off your air filter tomorrow and leave it off for the remainder of your engine life.
Wait a minute, I thought taking the filter off doesn't always equate to more boost, why would I be at risk? I kid I kid

What I was trying to say was that just because taking the filter off a car gains you boost, doesn't mean things are unsafe as Roman said..
Appreciate 0