View Single Post
      05-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #12
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift330 View Post
They drive V8 Chargers, SS Impalas and Tahoes here so I don't see where another *Free* Charger is going to hurt. It's one less charger tax payers buy. So in the end, the agency saves more money by not purchasing that vehicle than they would make auctioning it off for a fraction of it's value. They will spend the money on fuel no matter what.

As someone who has been paid by "your" tax money since I was 17 and enlisted in the military through today, don't forget we (State and Federal Government employees) pay taxes too!
Wrong. There are laws pertained to these kinds of situations. Any seized property by law enforcement should be auctioned off if not claimed by the original owner by a certain amount of time given them. It doesn't matter if the property is auctioned off for pennies or whatnot, the law is the law. These troopers basically just took advantage of the situation for their own perosnal benefits, which is totally illegal. You, being a military personnel, should know a thing or two about laws and regs.