View Single Post
      03-02-2009, 04:11 AM   #11
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIO View Post
I've done the on/off thing now at least 50 times and it's always worked. I can do the test using my battery charger. When I turn on the battery charger, it senses the voltage increase and turns on. When I turn off the charger, it goes off. So far so good. It seems reliable enough but I'll check it weekly I think. I don't drive my M3 in bad weather (lots of it in Oregon) and so I keep a charger on the car in the garage. It'll get checked often enough. With the little remote, I've been able to turn the unit on at least 30' away, so the 3-4' it has to travel inside the car should be fine. It does have a little 12V battery to run the little key fob on/off unit, so I'll need to keep an eye on the range as it gets old. The kit came with 2 remotes so I carry the extra one in the trunk just in case.
What is the difficulty of getting wiring through the firewall? Are there no existing available grommets to run wire through?