View Single Post
      01-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #201
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
You have an impressive racing track record. . Must be quite rewarding to have a national championship in your portfolio .

My tracking history is much more modest, amateur hobby only, but having fun nonetheless .

You are right about how abrasive the track was. It must have been quite a challenge to manage tire wear in full fledge races. I remember how tough it was on tires, and we went out only for 5-6 lap stints.

Looking forward to see you at Tremblant next year .
Yes I was very fortunate as I was a sponsored driver who just just showed up & drove.We ran that car for 4 years and the last year we ran in the Canadian Touring car Championship in a much improved form.But with the realities of finances, it was just not possible to keep racing.So it was more time on my career that allows me to pay for my playtime.I would still love to be racing and have come really close a few times to putting deals together in sedans for a high profile series in Canada & US but never quite came together.But I still love driving on the track so I will continue to do it at a level that I can afford as it just takes too much money & time to continue competitive racing.
In a 3 hour we would burn through the rock hard Firestones that were the spec tire.In the wet if we softened up the bars & shocks and we would chunk the left side tires during the race.

Last edited by Gearhead999s; 01-27-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 0