View Single Post
      11-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #88
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack4083 View Post
As someone who was a car salesman, the salesman probably just realized that if OP wasn't going to get approved it wasn't worth wasting his time trying.

Car salesmen are VERY BUSY!
I'd have to agree, a true salesman would have made a deal that day, regardless. Always Be Closing. Leads are shit, you are shit. I don't understand how they didn't hook the OP with another car, a lease or something else.

If I were the sales person, I would have put the OP in a nice pre-owned GT3 or something so he wouldn't lose as much equity as he will with the M3, and put him on a schedule for a Turbo S in 16-24 months, I definetly would not turn the sale down and send him away...then again I'm not in sales.

In terms of 250k and rich, I think 250k and you are well-off, I also think 250k is not a straight number, the calculation is different and it depends on how much you pay in taxes. For example my GF is in sales and while a majority of my income is salaried, her commission is killed with taxes, so while before taxes we are close, after taxes I'm far ahead. Further, somepeople route expenses through their companies and 250k, is really like 500k to others because of write-offs. Or Dr. paying insurance...etc. It is really difficult to level the playing field of salary, 100k+ in north or south carolina is living, in NYC not so much.

Money is a funny thing, as soon as you think you are 'making it' you start to figure out that making it is 100x what you are doing.
Appreciate 0