View Single Post
      11-16-2017, 12:20 AM   #556
Rizvi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 M3, SilverstoneII

Garage List
Hey JRV,

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble. Makes me think twice about a big brake kit! LOL, I live in Toronto; it doesn't snow too much downtown, where I live, but its unreasonable to not get winter tires here, especially if you drive to the suburbs to visit friends and family during the winter. Blizzaks are not bad tires bro. I'll be honest, they were not close to the top of my list, but I wouldn't be disappointed with them. My E91 328xi has Kumho Wintercrafts and my 2011 E90 M3 has Michelin Alpin PA4s, but I considered Nokian WRA4s too, until I found out they were Europe only. If you can get your hands on those, reviews from experts and users alike are flawless...

Best of luck with your set-up and have a safe and fun winter. Let me know if you have any issues or if the set up is just amazing... either way, I'd like to know. I'll probably put mine on next week, looks like temps will stay low after this warm-ish snap we're having here.

I think I'll only consider a BBK when I retire the E90 from winter use. I hope to keep it for a very long time, so that day may come. On another note, I'm having an unreasonably hard time finding winter wheels for my Smart Fortwo Electric Drive! I know this is a BMW forum, and there's no room for Mercedes, let alone Smart in here, but I'm just sayin'.... bloody unreasonable!
Appreciate 0