View Single Post
      09-19-2018, 07:41 AM   #114
m13s
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90M3

BMW CCA is a good school as well, I coach for BMW they have excellent programs, as does PCA. Spending money on seat time is great, but you need a plan with that seat time. Sounds like you have a mentor that is helping you, which is really cool and hopefully he has a plan for you to help you get to your stated goals.

When I started in motorsports, 30 years ago, there were no HPDE's or 'track days'. The market has grown quite a bit and with all the different organizations there are no standards (MSF is working on that) so going to different track day events can bring a wide range of results. (I coach for many) Some are formal and rigid, some are loose and relaxed. Either way I want you to understand that none of them have training for w2w. If you are serious about the Roos school let me know and I will make an intro to Dennis, the owner. He is a no BS guy and has been doing this for 20+ years and the 5K that you spend in 1 week is better than 10 years of HPDE's. There are other schools but I can only speak from my experience. I know Skippy has been resurrected from the dead and is now run by Demonte with caged cars and talk of F4 cars in the future. They had a great reputation and hopefully they can restore themselves to previous glory.

You may also want to look into TT events. Unless you're prepared to toss your E90 into the trash can with w2w, TT's offer a fun environment without contact. Could be a great place to start and like most track events you will find cool people willing to help.

Just a thought.

Good luck.
Appreciate 1
DreamTime864.50