01-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #1848
catpat8000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
But Pat, I'll remind you after our company IPO, remember that blood sucking lawyer from San Diego who was famous for filing class action lawsuits on behalf of shareholders who lost money? Remember how that lawyer buys up 1000 shares of all these IPO stocks, waits for them to slightly tank after the IPO as so many do, then he files a class action lawsuit, gets his lawyer fees and makes millions. How much did TMTA settle that lawsuit? Wasn't it quite a bit? My memory isn't so good, but I thought it was settled for many millions of dollars just to make it go away.

My point is that cause or not, injury or not, actual loss or not, some a$$hole lawyer can always find a way to file a lawsuit for nothing more than bereavement of the loss of, or emotional distress worrying about his prized S65/M3.
Yes, you are correct. That guy did run a business filing frivolous lawsuits and more companies than not paid him to go away rather than litigate.

So your point that I shouldn't be so quick to dismiss a lawsuit is valid. However I'm still not convinced there is a real class-action lawsuit here. Whether a lawyer could create some Sturm und Drang is another question. I wonder if any real lawyers are reading this thread?
Appreciate 0