View Single Post
      01-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #1833
Sti2e92sedan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtracing View Post
I think you would have a different opinion if you were paying payments on a car that blew up and now needs a new $12, 000+ engine. all because bmw didn't engineer the bearing clearences to mahles sspecific clear to even a consumer specifications. not only that but this is the second generation of bearing failures in a Sxx engine. thr previous motor had a recall and everyone was happy. now this one vmw won't even goodwill. I think thats a little more serious then someone spilling some coffee on themselves. I usually would agree that americans are ridiculously sue happy but I think this is a justified occasion. unless you think BMW will just come out and pay without any one going after them? unfortunately I don't have the time money or knowledge to do so. as well I don't think my case would hold at all, being second owner. so I will just go back to rebuilding my motor to correct specs like bmw should have.
I am in this situation as my engine blew up after warranty. I'm still paying payments for the car and still had to fork up funds to get a new engine. I'd be in with the rest who would like to go for a lawsuit here. I am also the second owner so I am with you as my situation would be harder than if I was the original owner.

Great appreciation to RG, Kawasaki, YS, and rest contributing to this thread. Lots of knowledge was learned. And lots was proven.

As I had to search for a new engine, I spoke with many mechanics and engineers who have been working on these engines since production. They all said the same thing, these engines have tight bearing clearances and they all have seen many engines failed and replaced.
Appreciate 0