Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIdriver View Post
Does anyone here thinks we have enough information and/or enough bearing related failures to print this thread, take it to a lawyer and start a big ass class action lawsuit?
Typical mentality ... lawsuit.

Like that person in the US suing Mcxxxxx after spilling a hot cup of coffee on his/herself and claiming the coffee shouldn't have been that hot.

Lawsuit must be a common word.
I think you would have a different opinion if you were paying payments on a car that blew up and now needs a new $12, 000+ engine. all because bmw didn't engineer the bearing clearences to mahles sspecific clear to even a consumer specifications. not only that but this is the second generation of bearing failures in a Sxx engine. thr previous motor had a recall and everyone was happy. now this one vmw won't even goodwill. I think thats a little more serious then someone spilling some coffee on themselves. I usually would agree that americans are ridiculously sue happy but I think this is a justified occasion. unless you think BMW will just come out and pay without any one going after them? unfortunately I don't have the time money or knowledge to do so. as well I don't think my case would hold at all, being second owner. so I will just go back to rebuilding my motor to correct specs like bmw should have.
Appreciate 0