Thread: Fake Badges
View Single Post
      08-11-2018, 12:17 AM   #2598
redvitesse
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, E92, Xterra, RoverVitesse

I have mixed feelings about all this. I have an older Xterra that my wife and I use to run errands and also primarily during the winter months and I have an M badge that has magnetic backing on it. It's a low key, clean, honest, mostly stock example and the only vehicle we own out of the four that is automatic.

We will often use it when we go out to dinner even during nice weather as i have no anxiety about handing the keys over to a valet parking attendant when we go down into the city where parking is terrible, because it is inexpensive and again an automatic.

I don't have the badge on there to pretend that it's something that it's not, or to make reference that I own a fancier car at home in the garage.

I just have the badge on there sometimes when we go out to dinner or an event like a wedding so I can use valet parking.

When I pull up, I can point out the badge to the valet.... this way he knows he should leave it In front of the restaurant and that there is likely to be a big tip if he does....obviously. Doing this ensures when I come out after dinner that I don't have to wait for the truck which is especially useful if it ends up raining or snowing, etc.

Honestly, I don't understand why most of you posting in this thread didn't know this trick and realize that it is more than likely some of the drivers, "posers" as you have labeled them, are doing the same. :
Nissan Xterra 2002 (Illinois + Winter = SUV)

Last edited by redvitesse; 08-11-2018 at 12:26 AM..
Appreciate 0