View Single Post
      04-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
M3jason
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92

My new M3!!!

Hey Guys, I just want to let everyone know that I just picked up my new 2012 Mineral White Metallic M3 Coupe the other day and I love it! I have had it for 4 days and I have already put 1100 miles on it, can't wait to get the initial 1200 so I can use it to its fullest potential (I already reserved a time for this tuesday for the service)
Options:
Black Novillo Leather
Premium Package
Winter Package
BMW Apps

A couple of things, so I had the dealer put on tint and I noticed that some bubbling had occurred near the base of the window (where the window automatically comes down when you open the door). My question is do these bubbles go away? - I will be talking to the dealer about it to make sure they either redo the tint or fix it. (While I was writing this, i noticed a post that directly covered this issue)

I also noticed something that I thought came with the car - the ability to trigger remote horn / lights / conditioning with the MyBMW Remote app for the iPhone (the app only unlocks and locks the doors). Has this always been the case? I read into it and I guess new 5 and 7 series BMWs have this option.

Oh yeah and no HUD I was initially disappointed with it, but then I realized in about 2k miles, or when I learn how to operate my machine, I won't need it!

Other than that, BMW Apps, especially Pandora Radio and BMW Connect is amazing! they really did an awesome job with it! BTW, as soon as I figured out what version my Connect Drive was, I went to bmw's website for an upgrade: <www.bmw.com/update> and downloaded an update, put it on a USB drive, plugged it in, chose Software Update in iDrive, and it was installed. I noticed immediately a increase in performance of the iDrive system. I suggest that everyone does this.
Here is a list of iPhone apps that are really worth getting:
1. MyBMW Remote
2. BIMMERPOST (obviously)
3. BMW Connected
4. Ultimate Drive (user submitted driving routes that are rated on "Fun", "Twisty", "Scenic", and "Traffic").

I have some photos for you all, I took it with my NEX-N5 Sony Camera, hope you all like them:
Note about the photos, most of them were taken on my trip to the east side of arizona - on the 191, I highly recommend anyone who is in the Arizona or New Mexico area drives this amazing 600 turn route, it is AMAZING!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0