View Single Post
      07-25-2016, 03:26 PM   #54
azndrunk74
Major
Rep
Drives: Frozen Black F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nholmes View Post
Good call on the sensor. I wish I would have known about this when I had the car apart.

Oh well, we'll see how long it lasts.
the tricky thing is that 2B59 doesn't pop a cel. the car will take forever to warm up, defaults to a rich tune, your mpg takes a hit, and you will be down on HP.

i dyno'd my car a few weeks back and it was significantly underpowered compared to my friend's stock m3. the hp curve looked strange up top. i was pretty bummed and eventually traced it back to the thermostat sensor and read up on all the issues it can cause.

after replacing spark plugs, thermostat, thermostat sensor, and throwing in an underdrive pulley my car feels significantly faster than the stock m3 (as it should, since i also have test pipes).
2014 Frozen Black F10 M5 | Agency Power HFC Downpipes | Custom Open Flash Stage 2 Tune | KW HAS kit | 3D Design Lip | 3D Design Skirts | 3D Design Spoiler | IND Front & Rear Reflectors | IND M5 Badge | M Performance Steering Wheel | M Performance CF Shift Knob | Pedal Haus Pedals & Paddles | Turner Exhaust |
Appreciate 0