View Single Post
      08-14-2018, 03:29 PM   #37
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
It's easy to tell that the OP is still in the honeymoon phase because all of the reasons to sell the M3 are based on electric cars replacing ICE-powered cars. Unless we run out of oil or there are substantial tax rebates to purchase them, we're not even close, as a country, to be going full electric on car purchases. Electric cars make up, what, 2% of all automotive sales in the US? And that's been static. I doubt that will change in a substantial way in 15-20 yrs.

If the e9x goes up in value it's simply because people are nostalgic for the past. I also think it's funny that the relative value of the e93 is both obvious and not mentioned---that convertible top! You aren't going top down in any new tesla at the moment. To me, that's reason enough to keep the M3.

My simple advice is this. Enjoy the new toy for the next few months. I have no doubt you will continue to enjoy the Model 3 during that time, but you might start to realize there are more subjective qualities of the M3 that provide you something not matched by the tesla---and heck, it could be as basic and visceral as hearing a high strung V8 with the top down.
Appreciate 0