07-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #103
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
i think it may be time to consult with an employment lawyer Not_Judy
I have considered this but had thought about waiting until I am ready to leave as I have seen in the past what happens when employees sue their employer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
This. You beat me to it.

Consult with an employment lawyer as you're doing the data collection I suggested. Begin an exit strategy. Immediately.

This is a highly toxic work environment and it will overwhelm you immediately.

Good luck, my friend - mk
You think I should start now? My thoughts were to see if I get the new position, see how the new plant manager will fall into his position and whether or not something will change when he assumes his new role; then if nothing changes to go this route. Thoughts?

The behavior being demonstrated by, not only the employee I share an office with, but others as well is due to comment I made prior of no one being held accountable for their actions. From a chat I had with the exiting plant manager last week, he stated that his is an impossible position. He is unable to terminate employment without going through proper channels, thus making it almost impossible to get rid of problem employees unless they severely fail to comply with policy or procedure i.e. fighting, guns, clear visibility of inebriation, etc. Also to paint a clearer picture, the employee whom I share an office with reports directly to the production manager, who in essence runs the facility, the plant manager is nothing more than a figure head; they also have about a 4-5 year shelf life. The production manager has been here for 20+ years and "babies" the employee in topic. Further more, the production manager is not an employee of this facility but works for "corporate" which means no one here is able to touch him; his supervisor is in another state. Seems that this company has built an impossible scenario from top to bottom.
Appreciate 0