10-03-2019, 08:11 AM   #5
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
You're pretty much out of luck in your situation. The post above sums it up well. Buy out the car then sell it. Almost certain you'll have negative equity and will owe Volvo money since you wont be able to sell it for what the current buyout price will be. You won't be recouping any money, you'll actually lose more money (unless ofcourse you have positive equity in the car).

Either that or just stick it out for the next 2 years.

Got to make sure you want the car before signing on the dotted lines! Just take it as a lesson learned for the future.
Premier3is, she did love the car when she first got it. But slowly over time she just hated all the quirks about the car. So there wasn't really any way to find that out on the two test drives we went on.

But as a lesson for the wife and I, we will probably just stick to buying our cars and not leasing. This was a one shot deal, volvo had some really good lease promotions going on that was hard to pass up. I think we will just stick it out for the next two years. I believe the lease is up Aug 2021.

Thank you!