View Single Post
      03-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #35
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
VAG co developed these platforms so they could be used across the brand line. Yes they all share some fundamental elements but each brand modifies to their objectives. I drove an SQ5 and a Macan S and felt despite less power, the Macan S felt more sure footed, just as fast and lighter. I ended up getting a Macan Turbo though. I also drove an X4 M40i and it felt like it was numb like the SQ5. However, if I had to choose between the SQ5 and the X4 M40i, think I’d take the BMW. The materials and quality in the Porsche seem to be a step above both the Audi and the BMW.
Yes, the current platform was intended to be shared between porsche , Lamborghini, Bentley, etc but the first two generations were so heavily modified I’d hardly call it shared at that point.
My wife and I each had a Macan S and now have a Macan GTS and it really is a phenomenal car and love it. X4M40 whatever they call it doesn’t feel half as good. I do think the SQ5 feels like a much better built car than the BMW. The BMW cars these days feel brittle and cheap to me and don’t age well.
Appreciate 0