Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, NA Miata

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aututto View Post
Hey guys! Figured I'd post here instead of started a new thread cause its probably been covered, anyways looks like next week is my last chance to try a track day this year. I was wondering of any tips before I head out?

I've never done a track day so not sure I'm capable of boiling the brake fluid or melting pads, though whats the minimum amount of pad I should have front and back? Tires are PSS with under 3k on them, hoping to not trash them though if I love it they'll go away with the wheels to be replaced with a square setup!

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/...eka-october-17
More than 50% pad depth at a minimum. And check your pads/rotors after every session. Pads wear quicker the less material they have (because they are just heat sinks, really).

Make sure you hydrate throughout the day, if you aren't peeing once an hour you aren't hydrating enough. Track driving is mentally taxing, as well as physical.

Hopefully you have an instructor, so make sure you have goals set for the day. Learning the track? Or know the track and want to improve lines? Or expert at the track and want to eek out another 2/10ths of a second? Important to not overload yourself on the first day.

And lastly... shiny side up!
Appreciate 0