View Single Post
      12-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #80
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Ask syt shadow since he has the Bimmerworld mounts on one car and new stock on another car. On my E36M3, I run Vorshlag 75D poly motor mounts with a 900 rpm idle speed and they are fine. On my E90M3 I tried Rogue motor mounts that are not as stiff as the Vorshlag and removed them because they added NVH that I considered objectionable but I did notice that if I held the idle at 800-900, they were fine. If you can get a custom tune with raised idle, I think stiffer mounts would be ok on the street. With the E36M3 I have tried a few trans mounts and found that I could not go as stiff on the trans mounts as on the motor mounts before NVH became intolerable for a driver, and I do run a higher idle speed on that car.

I recently bought some 80A trans mounts to try on the E90M3 and should have them on this weekend and will report how I like them. The stock trans mounts are really squishy even new ones, and that may be for a reason. I’ll find out soon.

I don’t think engine and trans mounts solidity should be matched. I think trans mounts should be softer than engine mounts. Except on a race car. Don’t worry - you will know right away if it is too much. I have over modded cars before to the point where I don’t want to drive them as much. I try to avoid that now.
Appreciate 0