View Single Post
      11-22-2018, 09:19 AM   #19
CornM3
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMSport View Post
First of all, you are Robert or Robert by proxy. It's pretty obvious in nearly every post you make.

Second of all, if it's going lean toward the top end, it's an indication that either the fuel pump or injectors can't supply enough fuel. We've tuned hundreds and hundreds of kits from almost every brand and every level and know a thing or two. If you have better advise instead of trying to downplay my advise, then please share it. Are you saying not to monitor the AFR and boost as an initial check? For all we know 10mm could be 5 PSI more and far exceeding the injectors, which is why I inquired about injector size.

No where was it mentioned that this is the only thing that should be logged. Kits running out of fuel religiously go lean on top. Go put too much E85 in an FI M3 and watch what happens. Look at johneastvolds dynos with 10psi and E85.

It would have to go VERY lean to cut out abruptly, normally it will lean out more and more as it approaches redline without cutting out (into the 13s while the target is low 12, depending on boost and fuel used of course). A 10mm change in pulley size is not small, so I stand by the statements previously said to monitor AFR and Boost, these are the first two things that should be done. It's not the full story, the the beginning of the story.
That’s why I thought it was odd I didn’t need injectors since I am making about 9.5psi I was at 6.5 before, and johns wasn’t cutting out just leaning out like you mentioned, I think John posted about a new fuel-it fuel system but never installed, when I get back in a couple weeks I’ll get some logs but I’m pretty sure you’re right about it being my injectors, I’m running 93 with hopes of adding some e85 when she’s running right, I had e85 with the 6.5psi and it ran fine
Appreciate 0