View Single Post
      11-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #16
CornM3
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs View Post
I don't think logging AFR will tell you much about your fuel system capacity. That's not how Robert discovered the fuel system cut out issue. I asked Robert, and here's what he told me:

"Wow, it's been a long time since I've looked at this. I had to look at the graphs to refresh my memory. I remember I was visiting Simi Valley and Drew came over to pick me up and make some 60-130 runs in early morning winter weather. He said his car was cutting out. According to the data, it was December 10, 2011 -- a nice cold day. I hooked up my BT tool and we used his vBox. You're right, AFR alone wouldn't tell you what was going on with the fuel system. I data logged RPM, throttle position, AFR (both banks), and fuel pressure. We did five runs, and I graphed the data to see what was going on. You could clearly see the RPM cut outs on the graph. Sometimes AFR would go lean, but on at least one occasion it didn't. In all cases, the fuel system dipped to 4-bar (or below) pressure. Only when the fuel system dipped to 4-bar would we see the RPM cut outs. Like I said, usually AFR would get real squirly, but not always. So AFR alone won't tell you the story. If you think your customer is having fuel system issues, I suggest data logging and graphing the same things I mentioned above. Hope that helps."
Oh wow thank you for asking and for that information I’ll make sure to graph those, did he mention what he did to fix his fuel system issue?
Appreciate 0